Monday, October 26, 2015

First Trip to IKEA


Wow time goes by so fast Belgium. I can’t believe it’s almost November! This week was pretty normal. Monday I presented my project on Ile-de-France. I think it went pretty well for being an exchange student. Tuesday I worked salle (service) in the area where the students eat lunch. I was super nervous but it went pretty smoothly. Wednesday I went shopping in Brussels with Sarah and Rachel. We went to Primark, H&M, and Hema. I got a warm trench coat to wear for winter from H&M. We spent about 2 hours in Primark. Primark is this massive clothing store that has every piece of clothing you could imagine for a relatively great price. It is really crowded all the time and usually there is a line to get in! After a rainy afternoon filled with shopping I came home and had dinner with my host family. Thursday was pretty normal, nothing too exciting happened. Friday I worked in the kitchen for the restaurant at school. I was stationed on desserts (which is my favorite) alone. Being alone was really stressful because I was learning how to make the dishes/decorations, trying to go fast, and speaking/listening to French all at the same time. It was so stressful but everything turned out okay! Friday night we stayed in. We watched back to the future in French because Wednesday was back to the future day. I went to bed pretty early that night and slept very well. Saturday I worked a banquet with some of my classmates. We went to a new elementary school and served drinks and food to little kids and their parents. Some of the little kids were so cute! It is always a fun time with the kids from my school. Saturday evening I went to the Flemish part with my host mom. We had dinner with her friend Martine. I had a yummy Belgian Waldorf salad and tried a White Belgian beer. It was a nice dinner and a calm end to a long day. Today, Samantha and I are planning to stick around the house. We went to Ikea (it was my first time ever so I was excited!) I am going to pack for Paris and skype my parents. This next week is a week I am really looking forward to because Tuesday I am going to Champagne with my school and then Saturday starts my trip with rotary to Paris. I am too excited to go back. Less than a week!! I will be sure to take tons of pictures and share them on my blog next week, which I will write after I get back from Paris.

Talk to you soon!

Shelby
Shopping in Brussels
Fall in Belgium is so pretty!
A Snapshot of Sunday's Walk
IKEA Meatballs

No comments:

Post a Comment